Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Where to start...

Apparently it has been quite awhile since I have checked in on our blog and let you all know how we are doing.
__________________


Paul is doing so great. His energy is returning more and more each day and there have been almost no issues to speak of. His appetite is really good too. At his last visit he was told he would be getting his central line (Hickman) removed during his next visit. He will have some anesthesia as his line is grafted in his body now. Just one more step on the road to recovery!

___________________


Alayna is doing good and keeping busy with her activites. She loves the warm days that we have occasionally seen this Spring. It has been really rainy and windy the last week though.
___________________


And I have been making a ton of dolls and jewelry.





I have finally perfected all the small details of my dolls so now I can just match up gorgeous fabrics and sew! I have been making necklaces, bracelets, and earrings with all the beads I have made during class. I even have Paul doing the wire wrapping for me on the hanging earrings. :P Here is my jewelry tree with some of my creations.





This pair of earrings is an example of Paul's handiwork. With the hoops I just place whatever I want on them and that's it. With the ear hooks, they come seperate from the actualy dangly part. I thread on the pieces onto a thin wire (headpin) and then Paul actually connects the two pieces together. He does a great job!!







The stone on this bracelet is one of my favorites. I call it my jolly rancher shape.



So if you have made it to the bottom of this post after all my pictures - thank you! I am sure I bored you, but I am so proud that I actually made this stuff. :)

2 comments:

The Stewart Stuff said...

Wow! You are really taking off! I love the Jolly Rancher shape! Good work Amanda and Paul!!!

Jason and Jenn said...

LOVE the earrings Amanda! I can't believe how talented and creative you are. And way to go Paul, jumping on board and helping out your wife, what a good hubby you are!