Wednesday, March 25, 2009

great news!

Paul gained 4 pounds! It is weird because it didn't seem like he ate much, especially compared to the previous 2 week period when he gained nothing. He is also going to stop taking one of his medications that is supressing his immune system. This could be a critical time while we see if there are any reactions to his new marrow. With his immune system suppressed it couldn't fight the transplant even if it wanted to. So we will keep our fingers crossed that nothing happens.
______________________

I made a new blonde doll and I experimented with some new design changes. I used appliques for the eyes and mouth instead of all handstitched and then machine sewed around them. I can get more consistent results this way. I also tried an arch stitch from my machine for the eyebrows - but the jury is still out on that. :P


I also made a cute tutu for one of the other dolls.

2 comments:

Jason and Jenn said...

What great news! Keep on eating Paul!
We'll be saying lots of prayers that he keeps going in the right direction! Guess they wouldn't take him off the medicine if they didn't think he couldn't handle it right?!?!

The Stewart Stuff said...

4 lbs. is awesome!!! Keep doing those delicious meals you always make and he's sure to gain more!!!

I love the eyebrows!!! Cute!