Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hi Everyone! We hope that you had a great week and enjoy this weekend!

I will start off with Paul's doctor's appointment this past Tuesday. He gained a couple more pounds and is pretty much at a healthy weight for him. He had to give a ton of blood since he is near his one year anniversary - I think he said something like 27 vials! He is participating in a study so I think a fair amount went to them. He was also supposed to get some vaccines and a 1 year bone marrow biopsy - but since he was waiting for a few hours they spared him. He will have to make another trip down in a week or so to get those done. This past week he has been working outside quite a bit. The weather has been perfect for that!

Vinnie is still hanging in there the best he can. He has been starting to experience nausea throughout each day. He can't even get the anti-nausea pill down. We need to go to the pharmacy today to try another prescription but in liquid form. The only step after that is a suppository but he has been staunchly refusing it! :P His jaundice had slowly been going away but seems to be returning. He was seriously as yellow as Homer Simpson! No joke. Hopefully it doesn't get that bad again because then he starts itching.

Alayna is loving school and all her little friends she has made. I think all they do is art projects there! Each day she comes home with several new masterpieces showcasing the letter of the day or whatnot. I have been debating moving her up to 3 days a week. I am sure she would love it.



Last night all us girls went uptown to Mont Vernon's Barn Dance. It is held in a barn (duh) on a farm that is owned by the town. I had never been before but my friend dragged me out so the kids could kick up their heels. Therefore I dragged my sister with me. :D Alayna learned the chicken dance and had fun people watching.

My parents will be arriving this Monday. We are all looking forward to seeing them again. It has only been a couple of months since we saw them last, but it sure feels longer than that. My mom is packing a cooler of frozen green chile and tamales! I really hope that airline doesn't lose that bag! Having my mom here will be a big help getting Alayna's birthday organized. With Vinnie being sick I have flip flopped back and forth on doing a party or not. So I have left myself little time but we are going to try and pull one together. The invitations will be going out next week! So mark your calendars for October 10th!

Talk soon!

1 comment:

Jason and Jenn said...

We can't wait to see you guys in October! So great that your parent's are coming back out to see you all! That dance looks like it was lots of fun and Alayna looks very shy! Lol:) Glad to hear you're doing well Paul!
XOXO