Friday, September 11, 2009

I will never forget...

It doesn't really seem like it was 8 years ago that that terrible day happened. My memory isn't very good these days - but I certainly remember everything about that one. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone who has been affected.


I would also like to wish my wonderful parents a Happy Anniversary! 44 years ago two crazy kids got married. I am so thankful they still are - and happily too!


This last week went by pretty quickly. Alayna has been doing well at preschool and we have the start of a major art collection. I think we have a miniature Van Gogh on our hands! And as you can tell from her chipper smile - she is pretty excited to head out in the mornings to see her friends and Mrs. Maureen.



Paul has an appointment coming up on Tuesday down in Boston. He will probably be getting more vaccines during this visit. Coming very soon will be September 27th - one year since Paul's transplant! That is an exciting milestone for sure!

Vinnie is still hanging in there - although he is getting awfully confused about things. He won't remember his diagnosis or tests he has had. He is forgetting peoples names and if someone was visiting him in the morning - by the afternoon he will forget that it happened. He is rapidly losing weight. At the most he might be getting in 300-400 calories per day. He gets nauseous sometimes , but mostly he just can't get it doen he says. He sticks with applesauce, ice cream, and jello. I have tried getting him to drink protein/calorie shakes but he just won't. I know this is part of his disease and the path he will follow - but it is still hard to see him so emaciated. Thankfully he still isn't experiencing much pain.

Alayna's best friend Annelina is having her 3rd birthday party next weekend and it is going to be a princess party. So I decided to try my hand at making a tutu for the occasion! I have been whipping up several of them with the tulle I had on hand. I am anxiously waiting my order of more tulle!


This week we have also seen a nice drop in the temperature. We are all loving the change of season's. Hope you all have a fantastic week!

1 comment:

Jason and Jenn said...

We're so glad Paul is doing well! Not happy to hear Uncle Vinnie isn't doing well...he's in our prayers everyday! And Alayna is just getting cuter with every picture we see! So glad you like school! We miss you guys! XOXO