Friday, June 20, 2008

It's been a long day...

Paul had his appointment in Boston at 10:30 this morning. We were trying to plan ahead to give us plenty of time to get there with traffic and left the house at 8am. We actually got there early and they took him in. We thought it was going to be a quick 1 hour appointment to get his chemo and blood work, but it turned into a 5 hour ordeal. There was tons of waiting for this and that and Alayna was getting so sick of being in her stroller. Finally towards the end I took her to the car in the parking garage so she would fall asleep in her car seat. It worked!



So basically his levels look really good and he didn't need any additional blood or platelets. They gave him his final dose of steroids and sent him on his way. We have his next appointment next Friday for the bone marrow biopsy. I think I will book a babysitter for that one though!

Let's see, what else? I finally buzzed Paul's head. It was sorta shocking at first to see him with no hair but we are used to it now. His energy level is really good and his appetite is great. He is having his friends Scott and Chris over tonight to shoot the breeze. I even made them a fantastic tasting 7 layer dip - minus one layer - so a 6 layer dip. So things are good on the home front for now.

I hope you all have a fun filled weekend!

Oh by the way! I hope you are enjoying our music selection. Alayna, Paul, and I each chose 2 of our favorite songs for you to hear. Can you guess who chose what?! :)

2 comments:

Walker said...

Hi, I stopped by from Shannons blog, if you don;t know who that is, I'll never tell LOL

I know to well what waiting at the hospital is like.
I spent many years taking my mother for her cancer treatment and now my aunt.
Good news is they know alot more today and can fight this.
My mother won, now my aunt is going her best to do the same as will Paul.

That's great news about his levels being looking good and I wish him luck on his bone marrow biopsy.

The Stewart Stuff said...

I love that Alayna gets to come along with you, even if it gets long and exhausting! You are great parents!!! Thanks for the example you are setting. I am glad you are being social and hanging out with friends. Good laughs are great medicine!!!