Monday, June 23, 2008

Things pile up...

It is amazing how much stuff piles up when you don't do anything for a month! Errands you put off doing because you have more important places to be. Chores get shoved aside because you would rather spend your time doing other things. All the while still trying to take care of a rambunctious 20 month old.

Paul and I are trying to catch up with our "normal" lives. Paul would typically be cutting and splitting wood on his off days but he will be ordering several cords this week. The oil in his car needs to be changed but we will be taking it into the dealer so they can do it. I have an eye appointment that is overdue. The grass keeps getting taller. And the garden Paul planted right before he went into the hospital is severely neglected. But in between the weeds and grass growing wildly - I can see signs of new vegetable life! That is the metaphor for our life right now. Everything seems misplaced and in disarray -but we are growing stronger and we will push through all of this ugly stuff.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hey Amanda and Paul,
I just got caught up on all of your blogs. Amanda, you need to give me a list of some of your errands that I can run for you when I am down on the 101 strip. Being with Paul is still the most important thing!
Also, I have glass and supplies set to bring over. Does Thursday work?? Tell Paul to be sketching some pattern ideas.
Also, I read that you are ordering cords of wood, which is great. But I have another option- so give me a call!
Heather

The Stewart Stuff said...

I remember talking about planting the sunflower fort for Alayna! How those days seem so long ago! I can't wait until you get your life back to the simple things again!!!