Friday, August 22, 2008

2 more weeks...

Paul starts his radiation on September 4th as an out patient. He will receive another dose on the 5th and then be admitted into the hospital on the 6th. We still don't know the exact date of the transplant but it will be shortly after his radiation therapy.

Today he had multiple scans and had to give 21 vials of blood. His lumbar puncture went well but he said it was slightly more painful than the last time. Next Friday he will get his last lumbar puncture and a bone marrow biopsy.

We are sad that his time at home will be over here very shortly. I think we are scared of what will be happening. For me - it is almost easy to "forget" the reality of his situation. It seems I only break down and cry about it when I am alone, driving somewhere or in the shower. The rest of the time I just carry on. But I think next week the tears will start flowing again.

1 comment:

The Stewart Stuff said...

I am so glad you allow yourself those moments of weakness (not that you are EVER weak)! That will allow you to be strong in your hour(s) of need! Love ya!!!