Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I've been lucky...

Up until Paul was diagnosed with Leukemia, I really haven't had a close family member experience any kind of illness. My grandpa passed away almost 15 years ago. So it has been a good run. But now - I feel like my luck has run out. It is very hard to know that people you love are hurting and there is nothing you can do.

I hate that my dad is in the hospital. He has always been so strong, someone you don't think anything will happen to. They are testing my dad for MRSA. He is in an isolation unit. He sounded in good spirits when I talked to him this morning. But then when we were saying our goodbyes and I told him I love you - his voice cracked. He started to cry. That is the worst.

2 comments:

Jason and Jenn said...

Ugh!! When it rains it poors. I feel so bad for you. Boy do I know what you're going through, I've been down that road before...nothing seems to go right. But hang in there, there always seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel somehow.
Our prayers are with you all!!!

The Stewart Stuff said...

Please keep us posted! Your poor family!!! I will be praying for him, Paul, your mom, you, and Alayna! Hang in there...he'll be just fine!