Monday, November 17, 2008

Totally my fault!

Ugh. I was finally sorting through Alayna's monstrous pile of summer clothes and cleaning out her closet today. She was in her crib reading her books and coloring. It was nearing her nap time and she was lying down and closing her eyes. So I quietly slip out and she falls asleep. I, myself, was incredibly tired today. So I also took a nap. I wake up a couple hours later and hear Alayna chattering away in her room. I go in to get her and to my surprise I find...


She was very proud of her work. She also drew me a nice abstract piece on her sheet and pillow.



So my dad is still in the hospital and is expected to be there for the rest of this week. They inserted a PICC line today and will continue giving him antibiotics. Apparently they said he has a staph infection that has entered his blood stream. He was lucky he went in when he did otherwise he could have gone into septic shock and died. This is really distubing information to hear and is hard to deal with from so far away.

Paul has his weekly appointment tomorrow in Boston so hopefully things will go smooth with that as it has been.

I am pretty busy with orders in Alayna's Closet. I even sent my first package out to Hawaii this morning. I am so grateful for this little escape that I have as it keeps my brain from thinking about things too much.

This is for Addie... I haven't taken a picture of my do yet. I still might but I think there is too much red! :P Love ya! ~A


3 comments:

Jason and Jenn said...

There's an artist in the family...haha!! That Alayna is too cute and funny. I bet you didn't think so though.
Saying prayers for your dad that he has a speedy recovery.

The Stewart Stuff said...

Oh, that little stinker! It's a good thing she is so cute!!! I'm glad they caught your dads infection soon enough. Still praying for all of you! Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Amanda! She is too cute ... paint goes a long way ... lol :p) ... one day I found Lina coloring with a blue inked pen on my white leather couch! Thank heavens for Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser.

That's quite the news about your dad. He must have a guardian angel watching over him. Stay strong, he will be ok now.