Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today is going to be a quiet day at home for us. The weather is pretty chilly and windy outside.




Alayna and Eden have already received many wonderful gifts, cards, balloons, flowers, and candy from us and other family and friends.





I also wanted to let you all know about Paul's appointment this past week. It was moved to Thursday and went really well. My good friend Anita watched Alayna for us so I could go in with Paul. He still weighed the same as the last two visits, 184. But he was given the go ahead to start eating raw fruits and vegetables. This whole time he has been on a neutropenic diet, which means everything has to be cooked, and he couldn't have any thin skinned fruit or vegetables. But he has been craving a salad. So I went to the grocery store and stocked up and made him his first salad. He ate it up and best of all - kept it down! He also changed one of his medications - as far as time and taking it with food - not Ensure. So far it seems to have made all the difference in the world. He isn't feeling nauseous in the late afternoon and is eating a small variety of meals. If he keeps up his eating at this pace, I am confident he will have weight gain at his next appointment! Keep your fingers crossed!

____________________________


And I wanted to wish my niece Ellae good luck in her tournament this weekend! She is a tremendously talented goalie for her soccer team and they are in Phoenix for a competition right now.

And everyone else - Happy Valentine's Day !

Hugs and Kisses! muah!

2 comments:

The Stewart Stuff said...

I wish you were in Phoenix cheering on your niece! I would totally have met you there! I am so glad Paul is eating well again. What an ordeal this has been. I miss you so much and I am so glad every time I see an update on your blog! LOVE YA!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Jason and Jenn said...

So glad Paul is doing well...Enjoy that salad Paul!
Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Alayna and Eden sure look like they had fun!