Monday, March 23, 2009

Bound to happen...

So after last weekend when I was all gung ho on the chicken coop/glass studio and all of the work I did on it that I wouldn't typically do... of course I didn't leave unscathed. The entire week I was fine until Friday. I was out running a couple of errands and all of a sudden it felt like something was in my eye and it was watering like crazy. About 20 mintues later I drove half way across town to my eye doctor and my eye was still watering and was hurting really bad. A couple of doctor visits later, with numbing drops, dilating my eye, flushing it, having to wear a protective eye bandage and 2 days of not being able to open my right eye - only to find out there were some very tiny insulation fibers stuck in my upper eye lid. My cornea was getting scratched and that is why it hurt so bad. Luckily it is about 90% percent better now. Still a little soreness and blurred vision - but it will heal. :P So no new pictures of that because I haven't been out there. Paul however, has wired the outdoor fixture, the junction box, and 4 outlets. Thanks babe! :)


I have a project coming up for the Mont Vernon Artisans that I will be incorporating a handmade doll. I had been wanting to try and make one for quite awhile so this gave me the little push that I needed. So far I have made 3 of them. The first one I won't even show you a picture of - that bad! But I was able to see where I needed improvements and changes. So these 2 little girls are the latest ones.


During my last glass class I started working with borosilicate glass. That is a much harder and slightly more difficult rod to work with as opposed to the soft glass I had done previously. But all the effort is so worth it! The colors turn out amazing. There are different reactions depending on how hot you fire it and where you place it in the flame. Here are just a couple...



I also made a set of earrings that turned out really nice. I will have to share those later. So if you couldn't tell - I've been busy! Tomorrow is hospital day. Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Jason and Jenn said...

OMG...I hope your eye is feeling better. That's just awful!!!
And I love the glass beads you made. I really like that first one, so gorgeous.
Good luck with the doctor's visit tomorrow.

The Stewart Stuff said...

You poor thing! I hope your eye gets better quickly! You need both eyes to make more of those cute dolls and gorgeous beads! Way to go!!!