Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Full bellies...

Tonight for dinner I made a really delicious pasta bolognese and was so excited when Paul finished his whole plate! He also ate 2 breadsticks. This is the biggest meal he had had in months! And then for dessert he even had a little slice of strawberry cheesecake. :)
__________________________

Last night I was able to go to open studio at the arts center and make some more beads. I will get those when I go to class tomorrow night. But while I was there... I got most of my beads from last week! Have a looksy!




The bead above is the best one I did. You can't tell from this picture but it looks kind of like a marble. I used 3 glass rods - aqua, brown, and clear. It also turned out well in that it is symetrical - which is quite tricky for a beginner like me!


If the bead isn't turning out quite right you just get the smashers and make it flat! :P


These beads are ok - but I don't care for the coloring. I like it better mixed with clear which I figured out towards the end of the class. And the single black bead is too small to be a focal bead but would go good mixed on a bracelet.
This flat bead also looks better in person.



2 comments:

Jason and Jenn said...

You go Paul...eat eat eat to your hearts content!!!
Amanda, those beads are awesome. I love the first one and the last. You are just too talented.

The Stewart Stuff said...

I especially like the last one! Great colors and wow...I am totally impressed!

I'm happy Paul ate so much! I bet that made his (and your) day!!!