Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Alayna!

Yesterday our sweet girl turned 2 years old. Originally I wasn't going to have a party since Paul is in the hospital. But then I really felt Alayna should still have a little gathering for her friends to celebrate. I only decided this late last week - time was short and I thought a Halloween theme would be good. My mom and I had fun decorating the house and making all kinds of food to go with the theme. You can see more pictures of the party here. Thank you to all our thoughtful friends and family who have sent Alayna such nice gifts. She really loves opening all of the cards and presents. : )



A couple of things about Paul. His right line in his chest was getting infected so they had to pull that out. That was the line they were giving him nutrition in so he has had to start trying to eat small meals. He is doing good with soups and Ensure drinks. He has thrush in his mouth and gums which still makes eating a difficult task. But - he is doing well. so well that the doctors think he will be released to go home during this next week! They have mentioned Wednesday or Thursday. It will be so good to have him home. I have a checklist of things that need to be very well cleaned before he gets home. My parents are leaving this Monday so that will give me a chance to organize and clean.
______________

I am staying the night nearby tonight one last time while my parents are here. Paul is taking a nap and the sun is shining on a beautiful day in Boston! Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

The Stewart Stuff said...

I am so glad he will be coming home so soon! Happy Birthday, Alayna!!!

Jason and Jenn said...

We hope Alayna had a great 2nd Birthday. Her present is on the way. And what great news about Paul coming home...we're so glad he's doing well.
We'll talk soon.

Love, Jenn, Jason, & the kids

Kayla Wassell said...

Hi Daddy, Amanda, & Alayna... Happy Belated Birthday Alayna.. Sorry I missed it. Hope you had a great time. The photos look like it was fun and I love the halloween theme. What a great idea! What are you going to be for Halloween, Alayna? I am going to be a pirate (same as last year) since I didn't get to wear it to school and I really liked it. :) I am so glad daddy that you are doing good and that you get to go home this week. Yea!! Did my gift ever show up there? Love you all... Kayla