Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Isn't it ironic...

i·ron·ic
(-rnk) also i·ron·i·cal (-rn-kl)
adj.
1. Characterized by or constituting irony.
2. Given to the use of irony. See Synonyms at sarcastic.
3. Poignantly contrary to what was expected or intended: madness, an ironic fate for such a clear thinker.
I had to run into Wal Mart today to pick up something. As Alayna and I were approaching the door we saw two teenage boys standing next to a table trying to talk to people who were coming in and out. I wondered what they were trying to sell? When we get near one of them says to me "Would you like to buy a bracelet and show your support for Cancer"!? It took me a second to realize that I am actually dealing with this firsthand. All of those little papers the cashiers try to sell to support this and that - it was always out of my peripheral. Those unfortunate diseases happen to people I don't know. Isn't it ironic.
If you were wondering, I gave them $2 but didn't take a bracelet.
The results on Paul's spinal fluid came back with no signs of cancerous cells! That is good news. He did have to receive 2 units of blood today and his chemo. He also got a fantastic gift today- a PSP thing with a couple of games. He will be able to use it when he is in the hospital and while away the days. He is just like a little kid - all giddy and charging it up already. : )

1 comment:

The Stewart Stuff said...

Very ironic! I hope you shared your story with those boys! It gives them even more reason to raise money! We love you!