Thursday, July 3, 2008

Short tour...

Paul is in remission! At this time they do not find any cancer cells in most of his body. Yesterday they performed a lumbar puncture to test his spinal fluid and inject chemo to reach his spinal column and brain. The other chemotherapy does not reach these areas. I didn't get to be in the room with him but Paul said Dr. Wadleigh had to stick him 4 times before it went through! She was trying to explain the procedure to me as it being similar to an epidural. I told her I didn't have an epidural because I didn't want a needle in my back! : p But he survived and was sent to the transfusion room for fluids and more chemo. There he was taught to give himself an injection in his leg. The needle is very small and he says it doesn't hurt. He is being so brave! Now we get a semi break and don't have to go back down for a while week. The search for a bone marrow match continues...





I thought I would post a short driving tour of Boston.
The really cool looking Zakim bridge. Some of the Boston skyline. One of my favorite buildings. I think they are luxury apartments. I would so live there! At the end of Storrow drive when we exit off is the giant Citgo sign. That was one of my landmarks when I was figuring out how to get there in the beginning. And of course the famous Boston traffic. The only thing I abhor more than the neverending construction is the don't care what time it is or how much of a rush you are in traffic.















3 comments:

Jason and Jenn said...

Oh thats such great news. We're so happy to hear that all is going well. We hope Paul is feeling good.

XOXO
Love,
Jason,Jenn,& the kids

The Stewart Stuff said...

YEAH!!! I am so glad that good news is finally coming your way! Prayers are being answered, without a doubt!!!

Love ya tons,
Jen

Jodi @ Happy House Quilts said...

hey...amanda...can we get etsy in on the bone marrow match? maybe etsymom or teams at etsy? whatdayathink?
they just did a little blurb on the storque about how folks are helping me out...let me know...i'll try to help if i can, Jodi