Friday, September 26, 2008

Getting closer...

I am packing my bag and trying to spend as much time with Alayna as I can before I head down to Boston. I will be staying with Paul until Sunday. The stem cells will be arriving a little after midnight tonight and will be given to Paul in the hour or two after they get to the hospital. They said I can sleep in the chair in his room tonight so I can be there for the transplant. And then the next couple of nights I will be nearby. The transplant itself is expected to be pretty anti-climactic. Paul is loving the fact that his donor is German. He is already half German and perhaps these cells will replace his Lithuanian side from his dad. :P

1 comment:

The Stewart Stuff said...

Sounds comfy for you----those hospital chairs stink! I am glad you get to be there for it though! I'll be praying for you and Paul tonight!