Sunday, September 28, 2008

So far, so good...

Paul has been doing really well with his new cells. He hasn't been sick, he's eating good, and getting plenty of rest. He is starting to get little red bumps all over his body, although that was kind of expected. The doctors said the most common reactions present themselves in the largest organs. The skin is the largest organ, so therefore the rash. It isn't too itchy yet, hopefully it stays that way.

The last couple of nights I have been staying at the Hampton Inn. It is a really nice hotel that is located fairly close to the hospital. They have a shuttle several times a day that I can catch to and from. I have really appreciated being so close to Paul without the drive. But I have missed my baby girl terribly. I can't wait to get home tomorrow afternoon to see her.

4 comments:

Kayla Wassell said...

Hi Daddy and Amanda... Daddy, I am so glad you are doing good and getting better. Keep it up.. Love, Kayla

The Stewart Stuff said...

I am so happy to hear he is eating well! I know that was a problem before. I'm glad you were able to be so close, but I know it must have been hard to be without Alayna. Thank goodness for family and friends and all the support you are receiving! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, I am so glad to hear that Paul is feeling better....We are still keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers!! By the way, tell Paul that the donor could have been a relative of Oma's!!LOL
I am so glad that Paul has such a supportive family!! Look forward to seeing you all very soon!!!!! Love, Cousin Christine, George, George and Maddie. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, Just wanted to say that we are so glad that Paul is feeling better, and we are still keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Tell Paul the donor could have been a relative of Oma's!!LOL!!I am so happy that Paul has such a supportive family...you are truly an angel Amanda! Look forward to seeing you all real soon!!Love, Cousin Christine, George, George and Madison.