Saturday, September 20, 2008

Worst night ever!

Oh my gosh!

I am so happy to be in my own home safe and sound.

So we waited FOREVER yesterday to get Paul into his room. They still had someone in there so Paul didn't get in until about 9pm last night. It was a super long day! On this floor they do not allow any overnight visitors so I couldn't sleep there. At 10pm I picked up my car from valet and started on my way. I know I have told you before about the never ending construction in Kenmore Square. Well apparently my tire picked up some sort of stray metal piece because I heard some sort of flapping on my tire. I had pulled over once and didn't feel anything and my tire didn't look flat. So I drive further down Storrow Drive and the flapping was still going on and I was getting scared. I pull over again and feel all around the tire and felt a piece of wire or something. I was on a one way section so I kept driving hoping it would stay put. Nope. As soon as I got on 93N whatever was making the flapping noise worked it's way out and my tire started going down. I could only drive on it for a 1/2 mile or so and I had to pull over. The car was starting to pull. Luckily I was next to a really wide breakdown lane on the still very busy Boston highway. I am freaking out. I call Acura roadside assistance. I give him all my info and ask him if he can call the police too. He tells me that they didn't have an extra unit to send over. So as I am talking to him a box truck pulls up behind me. I am thinking to myself - that was way too fast to be roadside assistance. I ask the guy if their help would be there already. He says - ma'am I haven't dispatched anybody yet. Crap. So this truck sits back there for 5 minutes or so. I am debating my options. I opted to call 911. Five more minutes go by and that truck is still behind me. Their door opens, someone gets out. I can see the cop car pulling up and that person gets back in their car and takes off real fast.

Long story short (too late, right?!) Thank god the cop got there and was able to stay until my very new to town cousin, Robert, was able to come and sit with me until assistance got there which wasn't for another hour. I didn't get home until 2am. So tired.

2 comments:

Kayla Wassell said...

Hi Amanda. That sounded so scary... Glad you are safe and sound... Hope Daddy is doing good. Love ya.. Kayla

The Stewart Stuff said...

I am soooo glad you are OK! What on earth is that car doing hanging around behind you for 5 minutes anyway? Crazy scary, Amanda! I am so glad nothing happened! Those prayers are working!!! Love ya!