Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Only one more sleep...

And then it's Christmas! But for us, the fun begins tonight when we open our stockings. We always open them on Christmas Eve. I am making a really yummy Mexican stew for dinner tonight, Posole. Traditionally it is served on New Years - but it also is traditional to use pigs feet and other yucky parts! :P It is basically pork loin shredded in a red chile broth with hominy. It is very good and something my sister and I grew up eating. My mom always made mine without the red chile, just as I will do for Eden and Alayna now. Tomorrow will be our turkey dinner we didn't get to enjoy on Thanksgiving.



Also, Paul's visit went really well yesterday. He gained 2 pounds and so far all the results from the bone marrow biopsy have returned negative! That in itself is a wonderful Christmas gift.

Paul, Alayna, and I want to wish all of our family and friends the best holiday possible. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Jason and Jenn said...

Have a wonderful Christmas tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you guys!
And what a wonderful gift for us too, to know Paul is recovering so nicely!
Have a very Merry Christmas!
Love,
Jason, Jenn, Matthew and Kaylee

The Stewart Stuff said...

Merry Christmas to you, too! I hope Santa brings Alayna exactly what she wants!