Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Was it good for you?

This past weekend that is.


On Saturday my sister and I hired our neighbor Arianne, an extra sweet 16 year old, to watch Alayna and Eden while we went with Anita to tour 6 historic homes in Amherst. Every year 6 homes are decorated for the holidays and you are able to tour each of them. It is really fun to see inside homes you wouldn't otherwise see. Afterwards we enjoyed a nice lunch. Then we went home for a brief time to regroup and met up again to go to a local craft fair. Anita and I were actually scoping out the scene to see if we would like to participate in it next year. There were many different artisans, including a couple from our Mont Vernon Artisans. I even found a couple of Christmas gifts.

Then on Sunday my sister and I took the girls to Pheasant Lane Mall to have their pictures taken at the Picture People. What a nightmare! Eden was first up and she cried the whole time. So then we try putting Alayna up there to show her what to do - and Alayna cries! Ugh! We wanted to have individual pictures done and then some together. When the photographer left to let us calm the girls down - they decided it was a good time to play.







They have this big jumpy thing inside the mall where you are harnessed and you jump up like 3 levels. It looks like alot of fun. Alayna was totally into watching that and taking train rides.




So - Paul is doing really well. He is making much more of an effort to eat and his energy level seems to have risen a bit. Today we had his doctors appointment and the good news is that in January they think he will go to every other week appointments! The bad new is, despite his appetite increasing and eating more solid food, he still lost weight.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


In anticipation of seeing Jenn's tree - I will show you mine. I decided to get another tree this year. It is in a really pretty pot and more slender - which is a better fit in our cramped home.



I think I am just about done shopping, now I just need to wrap everything. :P




2 comments:

Jason and Jenn said...

I love your tree...very pretty.
Isn't it fun trying to get those professional shots...hehe!!! Mine weren't exactly too great either!
But Alayna and Eden look soooo adorable in their dresses.

The Stewart Stuff said...

They looked pretty, anyway! I hop eyou still purchased some...that's what memories are made of. I'm glad Paul is well. I would gladly lend him a few pounds!